Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Song in Our Eyes

THE SONG IN OUR EYES
We spoke
Your voice sang to me
I did not realize the thrill
was the thing I feared
Love on its way
without having met
Kismet
I took flight
To separate myself from some energy
Neither of us understood
But on that day
When our eyes finally met
There was a song that played
It was familiar
I did not realize then that you had me
Sparked me
Ignited me
Burned me
So you pursued me
Kismet
You were starving
Your body was hungry
You didn’t know the feast you would have
For where you thought a taste would satisfy
You realized
You tasted the essence of QUEEN
Your desire, your destiny
Your dream
Oh, how it frightened you
Oh, how it terrified me
I fell
I unwittingly casted a spell
Now we are both under
Breathing each other
Inside our broken hearts
Healing

By Nadira Norjahan

No comments:

Post a Comment