Thursday, May 28, 2015

Poetry Saves My Life

Dear Poetry,
Thank you for being my go-to
When there are things I can only share with God
When I have no one else to turn to
When I wish there were voices in my head
Because maybe there would be someone who
Could relate to what I feel
Thank you for being lyrics
That I sometimes have to hide
Because they are the words
I never would scream aloud
Without you my head would hurt worse
I am able to relieve some stress in words
Without you my heart would break
You help me mend with every verse
Although you are so complicated
And I cannot touch who you are
You offer some comfort
When comfort seems far
Although you sometimes are
Just as misunderstood
You are the crafting and purging
Of all of my moods
Being who I am, I have to keep it inside
You are the only one from whom I don’t hide
Happy, sad, crazy or lonely
With you I need no pride
I just need an instrument to write
Thank you, Poetry

For saving my life!
Love Always,
'Dira

No comments:

Post a Comment