Sunday, May 18, 2014

GROWN WOMAN INSIDE OUT REFLECTION


GROWN WOMAN

INSIDE OUT REFLECTION

 

I am in grown woman inside out reflection

Looking inside out

Searching for the best woman in me

Sweeping away regret with building blocks of peace

On a foundation of God

And his blueprint of who, what and why I am to be

Daily battling my own mind when it seeks to eat my sanity

And going to war against principalities

Intent on devouring my very being with doubt and hate

I am in grown woman inside out reflection

And just as I carefully choose my hairstyles and clothes

I am working on the inside me

I fell from two damaged trees

Who spewed hatred on me for simply being

And I hated me on the outside and my insides hurt

I knew not the innocence

That was stolen from me

I was a balloon filled up with wanting

Until I was pierced by the mending needle of my blues

So I sing away loneliness and pain

And my testimony is joy like rain

And the virus of darkness that bloated my sorrows

Are now bubbles of therapy

So now I can finally see the possibilities of under water breathing

No longer drowning

I have begun to heal

I will suffer the growing pains

The scabs will begin to peel

And as they fall away

I am renewed

And I can love you because I can love me!

With my words

With my song

Because it heals ME to love

Because GOD is LOVE!

And HE is inside of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment