Sunday, May 18, 2014

I WRITE


I write

Love

Fallin in and out

I write

Joy and Pain

Both can make you shout

I write hate

So you don’t feel that energy

I write

Tears

That I don’t want you to see

I write Fear cuz sometimes

Only in the PEN I trust

I write because as a poet I MUST

I write

Secrets that I choose not to keep

I write

The words I’m sometimes afraid to speak

I write

The thoughts of the moment

that would shatter you like glass

But sometimes I throw those same lines in the trash

Sometimes I write many words

Other times few

Sometimes I write lustful, freaky things

If you only knew

I write

Resentment of that foul shit you said

I write

Remorse for that foul shit I did

I write

Passion for things that are good and bad for me

I write

All kinds of shit just to keep my sanity

I write

Anger cuz of that foul shit YOU - did

I write

Laughter just to get me over it

I write fairy tales

From a little girl’s mind

I write lines of music

To sing in time

 LA-LA-LA-LA-LA
 
I write on napkins with eyeliner

When I’m on the run

and I gotta

Get the line out of my head

Cuz the magic could be lost

if I forget

Get home and transfer

Keep the concept and reword

Line it up in poetry

Or frame it up in the songs I sing

Sometimes I just write

When there’s nothing else to do

Sometimes I write

So that I can sing MY OWN blues

I write sometimes

Like an artist possessed

To tell the truth

I think that’s when my art is at its best

Sometimes I write circles

But you see squares

Sometimes I explain it to you

Sometimes I don’t care

I write all about my life

Cuz it may relate to yours

I write to physically purge

Lines from my soul

Sometimes I write lines

Said to be beautiful and bold

But I just write my heart out

so my story can be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment