Wednesday, June 18, 2014

CHOCOLATE LOVE LETTER

CHOCOLATE LOVE LETTER
It doesn’t matter how far we run
No matter how much we claim uncertainty
Nor how much we fear this energy
It is far more than chemistry
Your Chocolate
Belongs with my Honey
We knew so the first time our eyes met
We were never doomed, but destined
Kismet and Eurythmic
You wanted me and pursued
I cursed you and fell
Then you fell
Into me
Rocking me like a boat on shocking seas
Across seven we have held our breath
But last night, we had to breathe
We swam with our passages wide open
Inhaling each other
Drowning in happiness
Speaking words of life and healing
Standing in reality, no longer dreaming
Because to be together within
Is so much more healing to our hearts
Than to be without
We gave and received
It was not sin
The heat was the flame
Belonging not to you
Belonging not to me
But belonging to US
Risking all to touch heaven
Sitting at the table
Eating our joy with both hands
And no formal setting
Because this does not need to make sense
If it did
It wouldn’t be magic
No one can be expected to understand
What this thing is that we hold in our hands
Because it is not to be understood
It is pieces of broken hearts
Retrieved from the fire
And kindled with a proper flame
And if I am ever thrown into the fire again
Let me be completely consumed
Within the flame of your love song!

By Nadira Norjahan

No comments:

Post a Comment