Wednesday, June 18, 2014

SUN SHINING AND SMILING

SUN SHINING AND SMILING
I walk around like the sun is always on my face
But the truth is, I’m waiting for something
And it hurts to wait
I smile through the pain of uncertainty
Work diligently for security
That may not be for me
I hug the whole world with generous love
And sleep alone at night, sometimes fighting tears
I long for yesterday to have done it differently
Yet, I thank God that I leave the past behind me
I find so much joy in pleasing others
That sometimes I leave me behind
Just hoping to make the right decisions
Free myself from shackles that bind
I hope for someone to love me
I hope for restoration of family
I hope for stability
I hope for longevity
In the middle of the road
Lies a whole lot of hope for me
Keeping my stride
I don’t know what the steady pace should be
So when you see me walking in the sun smiling

Would you still Pray For Me?
by Nadira Norjahan

No comments:

Post a Comment