Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Diamond in the Rough

Diamond in the Rough

Again my heart has met its rough place
The stumble where my mind did not protect it
Where I must manipulate the mind
to keep the heart from running cold
And convince it that there will be a chance to love again
To keep the hope alive that someone somewhere
Will value the soul and spirit of a woman
Adored by many but kept by none
I am to be valued higher than jewels
But I keep finding myself beneath the dirt
Thinking I have been discovered by one
Who touches me like I'm precious
Yet only to play and toss me back
to holding myself at night
Loneliness remains a band that is just too tight
How do I continue to be disregarded?
I am to be valued as a walking and breathing
Diamond in the rough
But eventually, with the precise amount of pressure

Even the strength of a diamond can be crushed

No comments:

Post a Comment