Tuesday, January 6, 2015

RIGHT NOW, THIS MOMENT, WHILE I HAVE A CHANCE

RIGHT NOW, TODAY, THIS MOMENT-WHILE I HAVE A CHANCE
I am embracing you today
Not during tears over your ailing body
I am smiling at you today
Not merely to cheer you in darkness
I am giving to you today
Not on tomorrow which is not promised
I am celebrating you today
Not only on a holiday to honor your great works
I am serving you today
Not because you have given to me and not always because you are deserving
I am giving you life in a hug today
Not only when you cry out for my arms to hold you
I am expressing my feelings to you now
Because they are true and there is no reason to wait
I am enjoying your presence today
Because I need the memory fresh on my mind
I am honoring you today
Because a plaque can never say it all
I am forgiving you today
To free us both of regret
And I will love you daily
As much as I am able to love
Because my profession of love will be wasted

When our souls have passed on!
-by Nadira Norjahan

No comments:

Post a Comment