Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Root of the Tree

I am reminded
That time is precious
I can’t sit in a closed box
But I don’t need to be too free
We all desire to be kept
To belong
To someone’s heart
To spend our precious time
We all need to be loved
We all want to be needed
To reach the end of life knowing
That we mattered
That we were counted in the calculation
The blessing is the feeling that you were poured into
Just as you poured into others
Hate spends time
Frivolously
While love
Well, love when true
Eats all of the time available
It feeds on moments
Making beautiful memories
I don’t even need a box
When my breath is gone
Mix my ashes with the root of a tree
So that my love will last forever
So that no matter how much love I spend
It will never run out
Don’t cut down my tree

Let my love last for always
by Nadira Norjahan

No comments:

Post a Comment