Tuesday, January 6, 2015

You Ain't Really Seein ME! A Poetic Interpretation (Art By Deveroux Reeves)

Into dark eyes you look
But you ain’t seeing really ME
You find in your thoughts what you made
Your theory of who I am
See my knotty hair
See a black man
But you ain’t really seeing me
A Man
You find in your thoughts
The nonsense
That any two men could be
Exactly the same
Can I just be a separate yet equal ME?
You see cold in my eyes
Because someone convinced you
That there’s no warmth therein
Fool. That’s what you are!
Your sins are white?
My sins are black?
Why then is it that your sins
Get a pardon of gray?
Where the hell is my pardon, I say?
Where is my freedom from being
Only what you see me as?
Huh?
When you ain’t even smelled this cigar
Before you were convinced that it stinks!
Don’t watch me!
Keep watchin yo TV!
You ain’t really seeing ME!

-Poetic Interpretation by Nadira Norjahan

No comments:

Post a Comment